Categorised in: News
Walsall Council, on behalf of the Black Country Technical Assistance Team (BCTA), is seeking a high-quality provider of event management services. The winning tenderer will be required to design and deliver a minimum of 4 ‘dissemination events’ specific to the key priority axis of the Black Country ERDF Programme for the Black Country ERDF Technical Assistance Project (2016-2018)
The aim of these events is to share best practice which will support organisations of varying knowledge levels to understand how to identify and develop their ERDF projects, explore and interpret policy and guidance, build partnerships and successfully apply for ERDF monies.
Each of the priority axis should be covered in detail. The winning tenderer must be proactive in sourcing information and ideas themselves and are encouraged to be innovative in their proposal by suggesting any additional insights and added value they may be able to provide. Tenderers are encouraged to bring in experienced speakers and industry experts to share learning, best practice and/or case studies from the relevant priority axis, some of whom may be past or current ERDF projects. As a guide, events interactive in nature should cover:
- Overview of regional, national and EU policy context
- Funding allocations
- Key eligibility criteria/application routes
- ERDF programme updates / material
- Overview of current ERDF projects funded / analysis of gaps / added value
- Examples of national and regional best practice
- Lessons learned from past/current ERDF projects
- References to regional, national and EU policies, strategies, boards and networks relevant to the priority axis
- Q&A / Networking
Whilst not exhaustive the following must be covered and considered:
- Design, manage and deliver the entirety of all 4 (as a minimum) events. All events must take place between August-November 2018. Dates will be agreed with the winning tenderer and ideally, will be in accordance with scheduled ERDF calls for the Black Country that are due to take place between September and October 2018. All events will be held between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday, and should be a minimum of 4 hours.
- Agree workshop content with BCTA and provide a clear synopsis of each event included in the programme from the outset.
- Source and finance appropriate and quality event venues in the Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall, Wolverhampton) considering value for money, equipment and accessibility requirements. Venues will need to be agreed by the BCTA team in advance of booking. A buffet lunch and light refreshments including tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the event should be costed for alongside a range of dietary requirements. Event space must be accessible to wheelchair users and be able to provide accessible toilet facilities. Event space must offer free car parking and must also be located near to public transport links (within 15 minute walk from the venue).
- Source and liaise with event venues on all logistics including venue costs, attendee numbers, catering requirements, technology requirements and room layout.
- Work with the BCTA team to manage and maintain event communication including sending out and managing delegate lists.
- Undertake the complete running of the event including agenda, registration, co-ordination of speakers and billing of suppliers.
- Supply of equipment e.g. laptop, projector, screen, microphone, speakers.
- Organisation and printing of agenda, presentation materials and handouts. Designing and maintaining any other materials needed on the day e.g. names badges and signage.
- Manage and finance (where appropriate) speakers.
- Intensively market and promote the events through traditional and digital channels and networks in accordance with ESIF Branding and Publicity Requirements and BCTA branding to achieve an attendance target of 120 delegates in total (average 30 per event).
- Fully monitor and evaluate each event. All delegates should complete a BCTA feedback form with a target of at least 96 delegates required to give positive feedback.
The Invitation to Quote documents can be found here along with additional information on how to apply for this contract.
Please note ERDF Management Services is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.